Football returned to Wesleyan with a bang

Freshman cornerback Marcus Haynes playing on offense at the Blue and Gold Game on Saturday at Farrington Field. Photo by Matt Smith.

Football came back strong at Wesleyan this Saturday at Farrington Field. 

Wesleyan’s new football team held the Blue and Gold Game, a scrimmage where the team was divided into two colors (Gold was offensive; Blue was defensive) and played a game that consisted of two 30-minute halves. 

• Some players on the blue team running back to the sidelines after doing a drill at halftime. Photo by Matt Smith.

• Players of the gold team on the field after a play. Photo by Matt Smith.

• Freshman linebacker Kylan Wade playing on defense. Photo by Matt Smith.

• Rams fan Darien Edwards, who attended Texas Wesleyan in 2016, is still a big supporter of the Rams. Photo by Matt Smith.

• Wesleyan’s cheerleaders performed for the spectators in the stands on April 22 at Farrington Field. Photo by Matt Smith.

• In support of the cheerleaders, there were the Gold Line Dancers, who performed at hafltime. Photo by Matt Smith.

• Wesleyan’s drumline performing cadences during the Blue and Gold Game. Photo by Matt Smith.

• Wesleyan’s championship table tennis team watching the scrimmage from the stands. Photo by Matt Smith.

• Wesleyan’s previous champions this year, including the men’s basketball team and the table tennis team, were acknowledged during halftime of the scrimmage. Senior guard Dion Rogers brought his NAIA Player of the Year award. Photo by Matt Smith.

• Some Rams fans in the stands. Photo by Matt Smith.