Wesleyan student remembered

Wesleyan student remembered

Texas Wesleyan University political science major William T. Harrison died on Friday,  according to a university official.

Harrison was scheduled to graduate in May and had been involved with the National Society of Leadership and Success, Mortar Board, 3PR, Phi Alpha Delta, Pi Gamma Mu, and Pi Sigma Alpha, according to an email sent out to the school Tuesday by Dean of Students Dennis Hall.

“The political science department will never ever be the same, my life will never be the same. Every organization he was associated with was touched in someway by Will,” said Joy Woods, 21, a political science major.

Harrison died of a heart attack in his sleep, Woods wrote in an email on Wednesday.

Although Harrison was legally blind, he did not let that slow him down, said his sister Jacqueline Harrison.

“On behalf of my beloved brother, William, thank you for your condolences,” she wrote on Facebook. “He has accomplished so much in a very short time, I need strength and peace to accept what god has allowed to happen to my brother.”

Woods said she will always remember Harrison’s good nature and humor.

“As it was well known across campus, he was visually impaired,” Woods said. “However, he did not let that stop him from doing anything. That is why we always said he was the smartest person in the class because he had to learn it all from hearing.”

Harrison’s  was scheduled to take the LSAT on Saturday, Woods said.

Harrison’s goal was to become an attorney and assist individuals with disabilities, according to Hall’s email.

Funeral services for Harrison are 6 p.m. Thursday at the Serenity Funeral Home, 4725 Vermont Ave. in Fort Worth. The funeral will take place 11 a.m. Friday at the True Vine Doxa center, 912 Fairway, Fairfield, Texas.