TxWes community continues to struggle amidst technology issues

Serenada
While TxWes campus has limited internet, Senu Silver, a first year biology major, is still able to complete his chemistry assignments using pen, paper and a whiteboard.

On Sunday, Oct. 15 many students lost access to TxWes platforms including Office 365, Canvas and Ramlink. The university knows of the issue but has not informed students as to when or how it will be resolved.

In a text message to the campus community, Texas Wesleyan said, “We are aware that numerous individuals have lost access to TxWes-related platforms including Office 365.”

Students are struggling to turn in assignments but also face issues in the classroom as both faculty and students struggle with access to technology.

“I had a presentation today that our class was not able to do,” junior BFA musical theatre major Hilary Colina said.

The issue that has disrupted learning may now also affect students’ ability to pay tuition. Without access to Ramlink, students cannot see or make payments on their financial statements.

Colina said, “I am not able to do any homework, and I am worried about my financial information that is on Ramlink.”