Texas Wesleyan returns to in-person classes

Texas+Wesleyan+is+returning+to+normal+in-person+operations.+
Chiara Watson
Texas Wesleyan is returning to normal in-person operations.

As of Jan. 17, Texas Wesleyan will continue with regular classes. This comes from an announcement sent out from the university concerning the nature of classes due to winter weather conditions.  

The email from the university said, “Texas Wesleyan University will return to normal campus operations on Wednesday, January 17.” 

Students can expect to return to in-person classes and for all previously scheduled events to continue.   

Dennis Hall, president of student affairs and dean of students, confirmed this in an email shared with the students this afternoon.  

“All students, faculty and staff are encouraged to return to campus as needed, with the expectation that all campus classes, events and activities will continue as previously planned,” Hall said.  

Some commuter students have expressed concern with returning to in person classes.  

“I feel like they should give us an extra day just in case anyone with early morning classes don’t have the potential to hit roads that could be icy still,” said Jeline Rivera, junior finance major. 

However, there are students that understand why Texas Wesleyan has decided to open campus the rest of the week. 

Meah Lewis a sophomore biology major said, “It was appropriate for campus to reopen on Wednesday and Thursday as neither of the days are as cold or likely to hard freeze as recent days did.” 

Others agree that being back in person will be beneficial to their learning. 

“I would rather the school open back now because most of the work I must do at home is explained in class,” junior psychology major Baily Bollman said. 

The school will continue to monitor the weather and update students, staff, and faculty on any potential changes if necessary.