Music department presents ‘Scene D’amore’

The+students+came+together+in+the+closing+song+and+sang+%E2%80%9CSomewhere+Tonight%E2%80%9D+from+%E2%80%9CWest+Side+Story.%E2%80%9D+
Alexis Bernal
The students came together in the closing song and sang “Somewhere Tonight” from “West Side Story.”

On March 7, Texas Wesleyan’s music department performed “Scene D’amore,” at Nicholas Martin Hall. Co-Directors included Keith Critcher, Arielle Collier and David Bogaev.  

The Music Department has been practicing since the beginning of January. Students would practice together one hour a week and individually, and some took vocal lessons in preparation. Collier is one of the co-directors for the show and an adjunct professor of voice 

“I am beaming with crime with pride,” Collier said. “I had a smile on my face the whole time because I am just so proud of the work that the kids put in and the ending results.”  

Angelo Sanchez, a freshman music performance major, was one of the highlighted performers of the night.  

“I got to work with wonderful vocal lesson teachers, my choir director, and work with amazing, talented students,” Sanchez said. “It’s all about the journey and adventure, you got to get out there and learn more.” 

Bria Brown, first-year music performance major, was one of the soloists of the night. She sang “In a Sentimental Mood,” by Ella Fitzgerald.  

“Tonight was our time to let some stuff go because we got to have fun on stage. It was such a different energy. Even backstage we were all hyping each other. We were all excited,” Brown said. “The song I sang tonight brought back a piece of my childhood. Jazz was kind of me and my brother’s thing that we like to do because he was a drummer.”  

For more information about everything regarding the Texas Wesleyan music program you can visit www.txwes.edu/music.