Lions lick Rams 55-31 in stormy game

The Rams lost to the Langston Lions 55-31 on Saturday at Farrington Field.

Last season, the Rams lost to the Lions 34-0.

The Rams lost to the Langston Lions on Saturday at Farrington Field.
Graphic by Hannah Onder

In the first quarter, the Lions took the lead with two touchdowns. However, with a little more than five minutes left in the quarter, the Rams scored their first touchdown of the game. Le’Mant Monroe scored the touchdown on a 63-yard pass from Donavan Isom. Kade Dixon’s kick added the extra point bringing, the score to 14-7. Then, with less than two minutes left in the first quarter, DJ Robinson scored a second touchdown on a 13-yard pass from Isom. Desmond Nisby’s run for the two-point conversion gave the Rams the lead with a score of 15-14.

Before the first quarter could end, lightning delayed the game for around 30 minutes. The field was cleared as fans took cover under the bleachers. When the game resumed, the first quarter ended with the Rams ahead 15-14.

In the second quarter, Dixon kicked a 32-yard field goal bringing the score to 18-14. However, the Lions scored three touchdowns, all with extra points, putting them ahead 35-18. The Rams scored one final touchdown in the half by Brandon Rolfe on a 64-yard pass from Isom bringing the score to 35-24. The half finished with a score of 42-24 after a final touchdown and extra point scored by the Lions.

In the third quarter, the score remained 42-24 with the Lions in the lead.

In the fourth quarter, the Lions scored two more touchdowns. One touchdown was followed by an extra point, bringing the score to 55-24. Then, in the last minute of the game, Nisby scored a touchdown on a six-yard run and Dixon’s kick added the extra point for the Rams. This brought the final score to 55-31.

The Rams will play their next game against Oklahoma Panhandle State University on Saturday at Farrington Field at 2 p.m.