GPNA students from around the country visit new TxWes Simulation Center

• Cesar Garcia pays attention to CRNA volunteer’s instructions to find his mannequin patient’s lungs as he learns how to insert a central line using an ultrasound.

• Noe Anguiano uses ultrasound monitor to insert an arterial line in simulation lab.

• After having practiced with the large, color-coded yarn, the student now uses the same technique with stitches on a suture pad.

• Students line up for lunch all the way towards the street in front of the Graduate Program of Nurse Anesthesia (GPNA) building.

• Students react to Blumark Financial Advisors’ Henry Guzzo’s presentation about financial advice regarding student loans and retirement.

• Blumark Financial Advisors representative Henry Guzzo presents financial tips for GPNA students regarding school loans and retirement funds.

• Eric Evert speaks to students after lunch about opportunities for them in Topeka, Kansas with Anesthesia Associates of Topeka.

• Students visit all tables after lunch on Sunday. Companies such as National Partners in Healthcare, North American Partners in Anesthesia and BaylorScott & White attended to recruit soon-to-be Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists.

• (Top left to right) JD Leal, David Yurka, Cesar Garcia, Roben Lopez and Korde Smith. (Bottom left to right) Elizabeth Oroark, Meghan Sutton and Codi Smith. The group awaits their next set of simulation labs on Saturday morning.

• Bullit Osborne learns from a CRNA volunteer about how to find the lungs to insert a tube and secure the airway in an emergency.

• Students learn to secure an airway using a pig trachea.

• Students learn to put in a central line using an ultrasound monitor with CRNA volunteers.

• Student inserts an arterial line through a mannequin’s wrist with the help of a CRNA volunteer.

• (Left to right) Korde Smith and Elizabeth Oroark learn to suture on a suture pad.

• After having practiced with the large, color-coded yarn, the student now uses the same technique with stitches on flesh-like material.

• Students learn to suture using Ethicon suture practice kit. Ethicon is one of the largest contributors to medical and nursing schools through grants and funding.