Affleck plays a great new Batman

It’s finally here. The heavyweight bout of the century. The Dark Knight vs the Man of Steel himself. March 24th, 2016 Batman vs Superman was released from its floodgates.

When I heard about the movie back in 2014, I was ecstatic. Marvel has had all this success with movies like Avengers, Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. Where was Detective Comics (DC)? 

Sure you had the “Dark Knight” series with the amazing Christian Bale, and the recently released “Man of Steel,” but with the drop of Batman v Superman we got another surprise as well.

Ben Affleck as Batman. This killed me.

Was this news that bad? Maybe or maybe not. Only time would tell.

So as time went on more rumors popped up for the movie like a Wonder Woman cameo and hints of a Justice League movie. All continuously feeding the hype and raising a bunch of questions.

Will Affleck kill Batman? Is this a Superman sequel or a Batman reboot? Did Jack Snyder really cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor? There was no finding out on the next episode because it was starting…..

Now about the movie.

Let me start off by saying Batman vs Superman was much better than what I previously expected. There some scenes that make you melt in your seat. The story is a little slow in the beginning but man does it catch as the story goes on.

Henry Cavill was reprised as Superman. I loved Man of Steel so seeing Cavill come back just felt right. Cavill continuously pushes a more believable Superman and the film benefits from it.

The audience gets to see the man beneath cape.  Cavill helped me as a viewer relate to the Clark Kent instead of just being amazed by Superman.

Wonder Woman is played by Gal Gadot. Despite being given little screen time she definitely makes use of it.

She plays the neutral voice for Batman and Superman. She keeps them on track all while trying to get away from the battles until she is finally pulled in for an awesome reveal.

The star in my opinion however would have to be Jesse Eisenberg for his role as Lex Luthor. The dastardly villain’s influence is felt in every scene. Like your shadow, Luthor is that black figure you just can’t shake off throughout the whole movie.

His take on Luthor is both dark and mysterious throughout the whole movie. With just a pinch of insanity, Eisenberg takes his role to new heights.

His acting and portrayal of Luthor in turn provides the foundation that provides Batman v Superman the strength it needs.

There are, however, some things however that I didn’t like. I’m looking at you Batman.

Notice I didn’t say Affleck. That’s because Ben Affleck in the Dark Knight’s suit is probably the most visually accurate Batman in movie history.

No, see I was disappointed with lack of Batman. Don’t get me wrong, another pushing pointing point for this movie is that both Batman and Superman get equal screen time. The differences laid in the individual story arcs.

We get to see a deeper side to Superman. What do get to see Wayne as? Angry.

That’s it. Angry for several reasons but that’s all. That is his sole reason for finding Superman. Why? Go watch the movie.

As I said Affleck played a good Batman. Both physically and mentally there are moments in the movie where I felt physically intimidated by both Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Affleck definitely brought a deeper cut to Gotham and Batman’s cinemaverse. Showing that Batman can be ruffled, that he is not the unbreakable steel cage he believes is proves that he is always will be slot below Superman.

All in all the movie was great. Better than expected. Batman vs Superman finally gives DC the the movie it needed. . Both Affleck and Gadot established their role quite well and has me asking for more. Especially Affleck.

Now if August 5th could get here already…..

I’m giving this movie a rating of 4 stars out 5. The running time for Batman vs Superman is 2 hours and 31 minutes.